Monday, April 26, 2010

TAKS-titude Continued?

Well, it's one day before TAKS-so that means PRACTICE-PRACTICE-PRACTICE!!! Needless to say, after yesterday, I was concerned that it would be anything but a pleasant experience.

As I was walking towards the school to pick her up, I was ready. Ready for WHATEVER she had up her sleeve today. I had my game face on and was going to stand my ground. There would be no discussion, no pleading, and definitely no compromising. Not today...not this time. I am MOM and I will reign victorious.

The time has arrived, I see Adrianna from a distance so I leaned against the wall with all the Sunnyside that I had left in me, crossed my arms to show that I meant business. She hesitated, still far enough from me that I could only see the outline of her. I couldn't make out any of her features, much less see her facial expression. She was walking slower than usual and I knew I was in for it.

But wait, what was she doing? Is she....... gaining speed? Is that a jog I see? IT IS!!! She is running towards me. I can now see her face and there is a grin. I hear the familiar "Mommyeeeeeee". So far so good, but I'm still in my "tough-guy" stance. And then, before I could start into my TAKS speech...she says "I'm ready for TAKS TEAM" (which is what we call ourselves) and gives me a high five that she probably faked but it looked genuine....and with that, I was pleased.

So how did it go? It went well. She did six packets (about 10 questions each). I let her take a 15 minute break after the first three. She is working on taking her time, which I like because she usually rushes. It seems to be paying off too. So far - the TAKS-titude is nowhere to be found. What a difference a day makes!!! After calculating all 6 Chapter reviews she made 88 %. I couldn't be happier with her effort. Now we just have to translate this success on the test tomorrow. I am hoping for the best.

'til next time,

Emily

Little Lesson: Be prepared for all possible outcomes. Sometimes it's good to expect the unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment