Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Happy Dance

Well Wednesday wasn't such a grand day for my dog Chase. He went to the vet to get"de-manned" if you will. Yes, there will not be any baby mama drama in this household-well not because of Chase anyways.

So, here's a pic of my poor pup...


Yes - that's a cone - around his head. The vet said that we needed to get one so that he wouldn't reach around and try to pull out his stitches. I tell you, he looks pitifully sad. I feel so sorry for him. Not only did he lose his manhood, he has to walk around looking like a dog clown for the next week, possibly longer. I tried to tell him he had on a "pretty necklace" and Adrianna reminded me that he was a boy. I guess the necklace thing doesn't work then.

So, I know you wonder what all of this has to do with my happy dance. Well, I'm getting to that. Be patient and read on...

Now, I'm not really a "dancer" dancer. I am not without rhythm but I don't go dancing every weekend either. I do, however, tend to act silly and dance around my house. There's nothing like having a horrible day and coming home to do the happy dance. I know what you are asking yourself...will she post a video of herself doing the happy dance on this blog? HA!! Not going to happen. I will, however, post a video that I like to "happy dance" to. It's Harry Connick Jr.'s "Come By Me". It's such a fun song. My feet just start moving and my hips start a swayin' everytime it comes on. I get a little jitterbug-ish move going with my finger pointing above my head and I have a grand ole time. Yes, I said "grand ole". (I'm southern, it's ok) Now granted, this is NOT the dance to do in public, but it is fun.

So, here's the video to my happy dance song.




So, Chase... I dedicate this song to you. I know you can't dance now and that it's been a rough couple of days. You probably feel like you're not "all there" and that "something" is missing. (even if you can't put your finger-or paw-on what it is) But trust me, it will be ok. When that time comes, and you are ready to dance, the song will be ready to play. I will loan you my "happy dance song" and you never know...I may even dance with ya.

'til next time,

Emily

Little Lesson: You don't have to be happy to do the "Happy Dance". Find a song that makes your heart smile and just go for it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment