Friday, April 23, 2010

Wait....Isn't it Payday?

So today's paycheck was very important. I mean EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. I'm not sure that I have ever looked forward to a paycheck quite as much as I was looking forward to this one. You see, I took a leave of absence from work recently. I am an aspiring teacher and I needed to student teach for 12 weeks (without pay...FUN) in order to get my certification.

Here's something you should know about me. I pay close attention to my bank account. I check my account daily and I have it set up that I get an email when I receive any direct deposits. In fact, I was super excited that after a couple of months, I would be receiving one of those emails sometime during the night. FINALLY!

Anyways, at about 4:30 this morning I was having my daily "potty/banking session" (you can get some of your best banking business done there) and UH OH... I noticed that I hadn't received (you guessed it) THE email. You know, my first email letting me know that I was once again being paid for my services. I was totally looking forward to it and quite frankly, we needed it. Worried that dissecting it too much would keep me awake, I tried to convince myself that, the email system must have been delayed. So off I went, back to bed and GUESS WHAT?? I couldn't go back to sleep. So what did I do? I did what everyone would do at 4:30 in the morning, I checked my account. I won't tell you how much was in there but it was not pretty. In fact...it was pretty darn ugly.

So, it seems that that today is not MY payday. The rest of my department's, yes, but not mine. Now, I will tell you that this saddens me. I mean, it really does. At this point, I'm not really sure why I didn't get paid but I must not have been reinstated in the system once I returned to work. Our corporate office is in Vegas so they aren't quite in yet. I will be sure to let ya'll know as soon as I find out. So this one, my friends, is an entry that is TO BE CONTINUED...

'til next time,

Emily

Little Lesson:
Ask yourself "Is there anything that I can personally do to change my situation?" If your answer is "No" might as well just let it go. **If you can't change your situation - change your attitude about your situation.**

No comments:

Post a Comment